Twitter Facebook RSS

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 25 - kill Beatrice.

| | 0 comments
Today I made a "Proper Custard" since I had an obscene amount of egg yolks in my fridge.

The ingredients includes:
2 cups plus 3 tablespoons whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
6 tablespoons superfine sugar
1 vanilla bean, scored lengthways and seeds removed
8 large egg yolks

I got the kitchen late today but I still managed to cook something that I wanted to make. This weekend is another dinner party and I need to think about what to make and what to prepare before hand. I figured the custard would be a good test for dessert but then I don't know what will go well with the sauce.

The hardest part of the custard was the final part, I kind of over did it a bit. You will know when you start to see lumps and when that happens, you have to strain it with a strainer which is no problem. The final taste, tasted like egg tarts if you are chinese like me. Haha. I love it.

My final days are coming up. Am I going to say goodbye to Daniel Oliver? I don't know yet, only time will tell. I see it like this, life is moving so fast sometimes I can't keep up with it. All I can do is go with the flow. Tomorrow is another day =)

=p

yay!

one of a kind

apple corer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment