Twitter Facebook RSS

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 48 con'td - Living in the light

| | 0 comments
Wow tonight was a long night, I don't even know where to begin. Okay lets begin with the recipe. So we went to class and when I got in everyone was rushing around and getting ingredients! It felt like I walked into a Iron Chef set. Everyone seemed like they were racing to finish with a high score and the time was only 6:05pm! Anyways, I rushed too. My partner and I divided up the work and got all our ingredients.

Right when we started to cut the apples, the teacher called us over and started to teach. She mixed the fat shortening, with pastry flour, brown sugar water and mixed it in a big bowl. One thing that I forgot was the salt. -_- So stupid of me. But that's okay.

While mixing the pastry flour with the fat shortening, you have to make sure that the mixture has a good crumble to it. Meaning its almost like peas not big big chunks if I am making any sense.

Then add brown sugar water and start mixing. While mixing make sure you mix well enough but when you cut it, you can still see the fat. When you are done, wrap it in ceramic wrap and put it in the fridge.

The apples:
cut the apples in whatever shape you want. Mix well with sugar, corn starch, lemon zest and cinnamon. powder (you can add whatever flavour you want.)

Take out your dough and roll it accordingly to your baking pan. Layer the apples and then add knobs of butter. Then layer the last layer of dough on top of the pie and you can do whatever style you want. Here I did the lacing style, which gives of a more home feeling to it.

Lastly add a egg coating on it so that it browns nicely.

When you are ready, bake it for 40 minutes.


the apples

chef mia rolling

apple filled

lacing =)

"lets talk apples"

clowning

! pie

my pie and i

Class was pretty fun today, met some nice people and I had a lot of good comments regarding the LOOK of my pie. The taste was okay, just like how an apple pie should be. I am going boarding today, so maybe I'll post something, maybe not.

See you on the other side! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment