Twitter Facebook RSS

Sunday, January 15, 2012

What did you learn? What was it worth?

| | 0 comments
Poached salmon and Proper tomato salad, what to say about this dish. Hmmm. I always wanted to try this receipe out with the old man but then I decided to skip my first experience with him and try it out myself. Everything seemed very uncertain and cloudy but in a good way, since I have done this before. I jumped into it knowing that I would probably fail but its okay. Confidence is key.

What annoyed me the most was the amount of time it took for the big pot of water to boil, it took so long and I was getting hungry and impatient. As I dropped everything in, I had a feeling that it was going to be bland and it turned out to be just that. I didn't add any stock at all and for some reason I thought it as going to be okay. Oh well, nothing salt and pepper can't fix. =)

The tomato salad was the most rewarding, it tasted exactly how I remembered it from last year. Very straight forward and packed with flavours. This is a must try to tomato lovers. =)


Poached Salmon (off the top of my head)
celery sticks
carrots
onion
white wine
tomatoes
fennel blub
salmond steaks
celery stalks (which I forgot to add)
sea salt
pepper
thyme
basil


Proper tomato Salad
a big handful of mixed tomatoes
sea salt
pepper
garlic
balsamic vinegar
olive oil
basil




That is all for now but I come baring with good news. I found that fire that was once lost, I knew this day was going to come. I'm glad there's sunlight now. Good job!

0 comments:

Post a Comment