Twitter Facebook RSS

Friday, April 27, 2012

Scream

| | 0 comments
Hello friends! First of all, I am ashamed that I have not been posting anything for the past few days but I promise that a big one is coming up!

What's cool is I found the time to read and the one book that I cannot put down is Outliers. Check it out! =) What we have here today is Chocolate Chiffon Cake. This is my second time using my new tube pan and let me tell you, I hate pouring batter in it. Theres this giant void in the middle where you have to avoid. But anwyays, I am SO excited to share this with you. When it came out of the oven, I thought to myself "damn this LOOKS good. It's so soft!" By the way, this cake is for a dinner party I am hosting on saturday, it is not quite complete yet. I have to make a composte or something to go along with it.

Here's how it went down:  
435 ml cake flour 
250 mlicing sugar 
75ml cocoa powder 
7.5ml baking powder 
1 ml salt 
250ml coffee 
125ml vegetable oil 
5 eggs 
2ml cream of tartar
60ml sugar

Baked at 325F for 45 minutes until the center comes out clean. The hardest part here was debating wheather I should empty out my default mixer bowl and transfer the chocolate mixture to another or use a fresh bowl for my egg whites. Did that make any sense? Haha. To be frank, I am quite nervous about this saturday's party. I have not cooked for 10+ people before and I hope everything will turn out great. Keep you posted. =)


0 comments:

Post a Comment