Twitter Facebook RSS

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Crew Love

| | 0 comments
Hello All!

It's been such a long time since I blogged about anything. It's always a challenge to get back into something once you have taken a break or a vacay for a while but here I am! Back in oe piece. Yesterday I baked a new reciepe, it was a japanese pumpkin cheesecake. Weird, I know but I wanted to spice things up and try something different. I love cheesecake and I figured that the season is coming so might as well take advantage of it. This time, the old man was helping me out and I hate it when we have different ideas but some how we get it all to work. Usually, I just cave in and learn from him but when it fails, I get the privilage to tell him that he failed. Haha, mean I know but =p.

 Here is what you need;  
Pumpkin cheesecake  
140g fine granulated sugar 
6 egg whites 
6 egg yolks 
1/4 tsp cream of tartar 
50g butter 
250g cream cheese 
100ml fresh milk 
60g cake flour (can also use plain flour) 
20g corn flour 
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger 
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg 
1 cup (240 ml) pure pumpkin puree (canned or homemade)

Wisk the pumpkin puree in with the melted cream cheese, butter, milk and egg yolks and same with the spices. I actually wanted to fold it into the meringue but once again the old man advised me to do it to the batter. =\ Next I am going to try potato skins or some chips! =)



0 comments:

Post a Comment