Twitter Facebook RSS

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 15 - Meet me halfway

| | 0 comments
I am so tired today but I want to keep you guys updated on my work.
So today I woke up, did my routine and grabbed my cousin to Michaels again. I chose michaels because I know they have a wide selection of lettuces for me to choose from.

Part 1,

I made "Warm grilled peach and endive salad with goat's cheese dressing."
The hardest part was getting the seed out of the peach since the peach was not that ripe. Oh well, I managed.

So I served it to my grandma, aunt, calvin and eric. They didn't like it because the lettuce was bitter. =\ I don't have control over the taste of the vegetable.

What was in this salad was:
goat cheese dressing
goat cheese
sea salt and pepper
extra virgin olive oil
lemon juice
Parmesan cheese

Peaches
Grilled
olive oil
salt and pepper.

In my opinion, it as okay but I'll let my friends decide one day.

Part II,
I made "Bloomin' easy vanilla cheesecake"
Whats different about this cheesecake compared to others I have made was that I used REAL vanilla beans and added heavy cream onto it.

Calvin surprised me by teaching me how to get the vanilla seeds out! I guess you learn something new everyday.

I will take more pictures of the cheesecake once I made the sauce.
he just woke up

he said he knows how to pick lemons

my salad!

hi =D

my cousin helping me out with the lemon zest


cake in the making!

early present after the party

the good news is, i have my cake =)

heart shaped!

Oh well. It's getting late and I'm leaving toronto in 5 hours. I need sleep. Enjoy these pictures. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment