Twitter Facebook RSS

Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 50 - When life gets cold, make soup

| | 0 comments
Hey guys!

So today, I made English Onion soup with sage and cheddar. It was mad cold today, felt like minus 20. Very dry and my car froze! I didn't want to drive anywhere today at all, good thing I bought these ingredients from last week.

Okay so for this you would need.
leeks
red onions or any other kind you want
shallots
garlic
salt
pepper
winchester shire sauce
olive oil
sage leaves

beef or chicken broth
toasted bread
shredded cheddar cheese

So you start off by adding the olive oil in a deep sauce pan. Add the garlic and sage leaves. Let it cook for a bit then add the leeks, onions and shallots. Oh yeah, add the salt and pepper too. Let it cook ajar for 30 minutes or so and make sure that you stir often so that it does not burn.

After that add open up the lid and cook for another 20 minutes until its nice and golden brown.

Then add 1 pint or 2 pints of broth depending on how many people you are serving to the pan and bring it to a boil. When its at boiling point turn the heat down and cook for another 10 minutes.

Toast the bread, place it on top of the soup, top it with cheddar and oiled sage leaves and pop it back in the oven until the cheese bubbles.

Take it out and drizzle winchester shire sauce on top and ENJOY. =)

My uncle, mom, grandma and andrew tried it right away and they loved it! I can't wait till I make this for some of my friends.


*It's getting easier and easier. Maybe I am scared that it would be all gone. But then again it should be. We will see how it goes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment