Twitter Facebook RSS

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 1 - New focus

| | 0 comments
Hello hello

Today I went to Winterlicious at Auberge du Pommier. It was a great experience but it was pretty pricey for the food you get. The environment was very fancy and classy. So you are basically paying for the atmosphere.

For those of you who don't know what winterlicious is, it's an event that lasts between January and February. There is a set price for a three course meal and only various restaurants have it.

The place that I choose, took around an hour to make reservations and it was booked a month in advance with American Express pass too!

Anyways the food was okay, here's what I had.

Starter:
Millefeuille au Fromage de Chèvre
puff pastry with C’est bon goat cheese, fine herbs and grilled courgette antiboise

Entree:
Coq au Vin
boneless chicken marinated in red wine with pommes purée, smoked bacon and button onions

Dessert:
Mousse au Caramel Salé
salted caramel mousse with caramelized white chocolate torte, banana and chocolate sorbet

Felt so good and it was pretty filling. I need to look up table manners and teach my friends. Sometimes they just don't know any. Haha. Or I don't know any.

Anyways, new job tomorrow! Wish me luck and goodnight. =)
















0 comments:

Post a Comment