Twitter Facebook RSS

Sunday, April 24, 2011

A day of memories

| | 0 comments
This post was on the 23rd.

Hello, hello! Long time no see or talk! I have been working hard and stressing over work so not cool. But anyways on the 23rd I had a dinner party with some of my good friends. As you can see we had some great food and some good times.


dinner with my cell group =)

stuffed potatoes


symphony =)



glossy white, that is what you are looking for.


blobs

such a beast =)

Here's what we had:

Salad: Apple and Pecorino Salad (kitchen, best of the best)
What's in it:

2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 pink lady apples cored and sliced(yes they do exist, only at Michael Angelo's)
2 belgian endive leaves rinsed
100 g arugula, stalks removed
85 g shaved Pecorino Cheese

The taste was great but I can never get use to the bitterness of the Arugula leaves. The salad dressing oil was simple but in yet packed with flavour. It is a must try and daniel oliver recommended. =) Even my friend who doesn't eat fruits or veggies loved it. Ask me for the instructions.

apple and pecorino salad

Main: Stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in sage and prosciutto
What's in it:

Okay the picture doesn't do justice because it was a bad shot but how it tastes was a different story.

4 large chicken breasts
8 sage leaves
5 tbsp ricotta
sea salt and black pepper
8 prosciutto slices
4 tsp olive oil
handful of thyme sprigs

Prepping this actually takes around 2 hours but I cheated a bit and didn't freeze it for that long. I bet if I did, the chicken would feel more firm and packed. But what was most interesting about this was the intense herb flavours. I love pulling out chicken from the oven and smelling fresh thyme. I find that using prosciutto slices instead of bacon actually lightens this dish up. Bacon is just too much.

Stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in sage and prosciutto


meringue

The meringue balls. Yes, I know, I know meringue is so boring but you know what?! It's a favourite, and I feel complete ending the meal with a nice natural vanilla whipped cream and fruits. Instead of making a giant cake with lots of egg whites. I used only 3 egg whites and it made 4 very large blobs of meringue. I topped it off with cream and fruits.


cheers to friends

I had the weirdest dream last night, I can't seem to pin point what caused me to think that way. But it's only just a dream. Have you guys ever had a dream come true? Not the cheesy line but an actual one. Haha. We will see. Keep you guys posted. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment