Twitter Facebook RSS

Monday, April 4, 2011

How big is your "Barney"? =P

| | 0 comments
You are probably going to kill me for using that as a title but I asked and you said you don't care. See you Thursday. Haha =p

Okay! Wrapping up the weekend, I had a nice relaxing Sunday and decided to take a break from my regular routine. Sometimes you just have to kick back and spend some time with your love ones.

Can you believe it? Andrew paid for dim sum! He is now one of my favourite cousins. =) Congrats to him. Haha


drew and grandma

thats me

kitchen in progress

so bright!


At night time, I decided to bake some cupcakes! I bought the ingredients a while back but never got the chance to do the baking because of the kitchen. This recipe was from Jenny Harrison and Mariel Williams, Cupcake Wars, 2010. I have never tried this so called "red velvet" cupcake before so I decided to give it a shot.

Here's what you need for the cake:

3 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (recommended: Valrhona)
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 7/8 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 fluid ounce red food coloring
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
1 1/4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract

The almond cream cheese frosting:

11 1/2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
24 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
4 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Of course, I used my kitchen aid stand mixer for this one. I am started to feel like it is an essential kitchen tool that everyone should have. Haha.

The frosting was the hardest part, make sure that you leave the cream cheese out at room temperature before you make this frosting or else its going to bulk up during the mixing process. AND you need a pipping bag and pipping tips for the frosting. But if you don't have a set, you can always just spoon it on top. I just got a little fancy that is all.

red velvet

so nice =)

take two

late night pipping

final!

The taste? Well, my mom and sister loved it and I am going to give some to friends tomorrow. So I will let you guys know how it is. I personally love it, the frosting was so unique and the red velvet cupcake tastes / looks like something from starbucks! Haha, now I am just getting cocky. Okay I will stop.

BONUS!!
Enjoy Episode One of my show! =) Have a good laugh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment