Twitter Facebook RSS

Sunday, May 1, 2011

I was blind but now I see

| | 0 comments
Hello hello! I can never get things right, you will know what I mean later on in this blog. So anyways, I got my car detailed today, sorta, not really. It started off in the morning where I arrived at the shop, which by the way was very ghetto and hidden! I walked in and there was only one guy at the place but just around the corner was a GTR and Ferrari. Everything was all good and when I got on the highway, I ran over a rock and my tire just ripped! Long story short, I am okay =)

fancy

more than I can afford

=(

Dinner Party:

My sixth dinner party was today and I have to say, it was a little daunting at first cause then of my poor symphony. Oh well, you move on. =) So lets get started!

yes i have white friends =) haha

starter


Guests started to arrive at 730pm, I got most of the stuff ready by 7. Here's what I made:

Florida orange and pecorino salad:

2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 oranges
spring mix of your choice
shaved pecorino cheese

This salad was actually a remix of the apple and pecrino salad recipe but this time instead of using apples, I used oranges. It turned out just the way I imagined it, juicy, sweet, sour and fresh. Since this was a bit of a budgeted dinner, I bought a pre-mixed spring salad. To top it off was shaved pecorino cheese. My guests loved it, especially the cheese.

entree

Peppered beef with cotton mash potatoes:

3 LB beef eye fillet
2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper
mashed potatoes

Cotton mash potatoes:
2 lb potatoes cut into chunks
125 milk
125 butter

This recipe I had a problem with, not the mash potatoes but the beef rib eye. I had a 3 lb strip of it and I baked it for a good 30 or more minutes on 400F? It still was giving me blood. In the end I cheated a bit and baked it for another 10 minutes or so and got it right. I am glad that I still got praises for it though or maybe they were just being nice.

dessert


=)

Fruit Crisp:

3 lb fruits of your choice
( I did raspberries, blue berries, black berries and strawberries )
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
125 ml butter
150 ml flour

This is definitely the new meringue! It feels different since I usually finish off the night with a meringue shaped like a roast pig that would guarantee "wows." The fruit crisp was nice a warm, it was just right for the occasion. It had a very nice home / country feel to it if you know what I mean. I only had one serving but my friends had multiple, they even scrapped the baking pan clean of fruits and crumbs. How nice. =)

Sometimes I feel that we need a life crisis in order for us to find a hidden skill and this is my hidden skill. I will definitely embrace and cherish it. Thank you for all your support friends and families! I am not a chef but I just love cooking in general. =)
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment