Twitter Facebook RSS

Sunday, May 15, 2011

You gave my life direction

| | 0 comments
First off I have to apologize for not updating in the longest time. I don't know why I haven't been on top of my things but my only excuse is, I have been too stressed and busy for the past few weeks. I barely have time for myself, blah. But here I am.

Today I made Anna Olson's blueberry buckle from her "sugar" book.

Blueberry buckle with cream cheese topping:

cake:
125 ml unsalted butter at room temp
125 ml sugar
1 egg
5 ml vanilla extract
500 ml all purpose flour
12 ml baking powder
1ml salt
125 ml milk
500 ml blueberries


Beat the sugar and butter till pale yellow, add the egg, vanilla and dry ingredients together. Add the milk and Spread the batter. Spread blueberries over the top.

streusel topping (crumble)
75 ml sugar
75 ml flour
2 ml cinnamon
45 ml unsalted butter


Mix the dry ingredients together and then add the butter. Play around with it using your hands till the chunks of butter is gone. Then spread it on top.

cream cheese topping:
250 g cream cheese
50 ml sugar
5 ml vanilla extract
1 egg

Beat the cream cheese till its smooth and add the sugar, extract and egg. Spread it on top of the cake. Bake for 50-60 minutes.

This reciepe was not as easy as I thought it would be, it took a lot of effort and preparing or maybe I was just rusty. The actual finished product was very rewarding, the smell of cake, cream cheese and blueberries filled the kitchen with a nice soft smell. It really did give a country kind of feeling to it. I wish the weather would have been nicer here in Toronto, so that I can eat this outside and enjoy a coffee but you can't win them all.

I felt that the cake was a little over baked, I could have taken it out at like 50 minute mark but I took it out at the 55 minute mark. It still tasted very soft, sweet and sour (blueberries) which was a very nice combination.

Anyways, I HAVE A SURPRISE FOR YOU GUYS TOMORROW!! Promise me you will check my blog out tomorrow. =)


Malaysian place at bayview and major mack

wendy's crew! three generations!

pre-oven

pre-oven stage 2

my break smoothie =)

blueberry cream cheese buckle


0 comments:

Post a Comment