Twitter Facebook RSS

Monday, June 27, 2011

Challenge is Pressure

| | 0 comments
The weekend passed by so fast, it felt like it was just Friday yesterday but when you are having fun, time flies. This weekend was taste of asia week, kennedy and steeles was so busy! The smell of stinky tofu creeped all the way to my place but I don't mind, I love the taste and smell. Let's see what happened in the past day or two, it was my friend's engagement party on Saturday and we went to this park on Mcowan and highway 7. It was pretty fun, the turn out was good and I met some new friends! =) Then I decided to bake this so called "Japanese cheese cake." I didn't what it was until my friend shared it with me. Its very different and soft for a change. There is no crust and it's very light in my opinion.

Anyways here's how it went down:

Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake

140g/5 oz. fine granulated sugar
6 egg whites
6 egg yolks
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
50g/2 oz. butter
250g/9 oz. cream cheese
100 ml/3 fluid oz. fresh milk
1 tbsp. lemon juice
60g/2 oz. cake flour /superfine flour
20g/1 oz. cornflour (cornstarch)
1/4 tsp. salt


Instructions:
1. Melt cream cheese, butter and milk over a double boiler. Cool the mixture. Fold in the flour, the cornflour, egg yolks, lemon juice and mix well.

2. Whisk egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add in the sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.

3. Add the cheese mixture to the egg white mixture and mix well. Pour into a 8-inch round cake pan (Lightly grease and line the bottom and sides of the pan with greaseproof baking paper or parchment paper).

4. Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hours 10 minutes or until set and golden brown at 160 degrees C (325 degrees F).


double boiler

folding in the dry ingredients

added the egg yolks, almost forgot

mixing it with the egg white mix

pre-oven

after one hour and ten minutes

random shot of people at the supermarket lining up for blue crabs

final product =)

Blah...my pinky still isn't fully healed yet! Oh well, you just got to keep on pushing. Challenge is pressure and pressure is good for you. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment