Twitter Facebook RSS

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Familiar voice

| | 0 comments
Baking for me, is a way of escaping into a place of comforting and creativity. When I am in the kitchen, I lose track of time and is in a whole new utopia. I almost forgot how comforting baking could and can be. I mean, desserts are not meant to serve just one.

I had the time to bake something extremely different and new yesterday night. Chocolate Peanut Pretzel Squares.

Base:
unsalted butter
brown sugar
sugar
egg yolks
vanilla extract
all purpose flour
regular oats
salt


Topping:
semisweet chocolate
unsalted butter
corn syrup
pretzel pieces
chopped peanuts


The taste was very refreshing in a way that it was sweet and salt at the same time. There was great balance between the two and it kept me going back for more. My co-workers really enjoyed it and wanted to know how to bake it.

We will see how the lady reacts to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment