Twitter Facebook RSS

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Eating @Oliver's - Going no where fast.

| | 0 comments
Good food and good company in my opinion, is the best way to put a smile on a sad face. Did you know that food brings people together? I always believe that food can change someone's mood right away. In this case, Zoe was stressing out about her trip overseas and how she was scared that she would not be able to make it on time for her cousin's wedding. So, the best remedy for a stressed mind is a three course meal prepared by none other than Daniel Oliver of course. Haha. =)

The menu:

Roasted tomato soup
20 roma tomatoes
1 red onion
10 garlic cloves
2 tbsp oregano
125ml basil
7ml salt
2 ml black pepper
50 ml olive oil
500ml water
125ml milk


This soup in my opinion is best for a cold day, it goes great with bread and an extra hint of sugar. The soup itself on it's own was not bad. Packed with flavours and good food choices. Good light starter. =)

Filet Mignon
2 fillet mignon steaks
olive oil
black pepper
sea salt
thyme
125ml blue cheese
2 slices of bread
60ml butter
thyme


The filet mignon was a pain in the butt to get it right. The first time I made it, it was a bit well done and she didn't like that. I don't blame her, I didn't like it as much either BUT this time, I got it right. This was a 10oz steak, seared for a minute on each side and popped in the oven at 400F for 15mins. Make sure you check the steak constantly every 7 min or so. In this case, her oven was not as powerful as mind, so I checked quite often. I baked it for a bit moer than 15 mins I believe and it was at the medium rare stage.

The blue cheese puree topping was strong, if you are a big cheese fan then you will like this. If not, you are best with just wrapping it in bacon and going without it.

Vanilla Green Tea Cheesecake
11 tablespoons unsalted butter
9oz biscuits
1/2 cup superfine sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2lb cream cheese
2 large eggs
1 vanilla bean
1 tablespoon green tea matcha


Ah, the classic Jamie Oliver cake. I added a twist to this by introducing green tea matcha. The matcha was very settle and if I was to do this again, I would add more, around 2 tablespoons+. Still an exciting and enticing dessert.

Eye candies =)
















0 comments:

Post a Comment