Twitter Facebook RSS

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Lee

| | 0 comments
I am not going to lie, it has been a tough couple of days getting out of the lazy hole. It was so hard to just set some time aside to bake a bit but I finally got around to it.

I made a Earl Grey Chiffon cake with Maple Meringue Frosting. What's different about this cake is, I actually went out and got a tube pan for this cake. Apparently, if you use a normal pan the center will not bake. There was one part where I screwed up, it was in the beginning where you are suppose to set aside the meringue. Instead, I mixed the dry ingredients in it and continued on. The cake was still good, but it wasn't as soft and fluffy as it should be.

The frosting was very unique in a way that, I have never mixed maple syrup into a merginue before. It was very nice and sweet almost like candy. Although, more would have been better since the cake itself was so big. But anywho, my friends enjoyed it and so did I. =)












0 comments:

Post a Comment