Twitter Facebook RSS

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Once you don't know, you just gotta believe.

| | 0 comments
Gosh, have you ever had the same dream about the same people but in a different situation? It's insane.

Starting off, I am a bit crazy over this new tube pan that I bought a while back, it just makes perfect round shape cakes. I try to use it as much as I can since I actually bought it. Surprisingly, there aren't much receipes for this pan in my cookbooks and believe me I have tons of them neatly sheleved in my giant bookcase.

As I was flipping through my favourite Olson book trying to figure out what to make next, I came across this fruit and veggy fusion cake that caught my attention. I always wanted to try a fruit cake but didnt find the right one. So I took a stab at this one and it was hell. The reason why it was hell was because of the grating part. The grating of the carrots took forever and I hated it. Note to self: buy big carrots next time. The other procedures was quite elementary and didn't require anything intense. The reward was great tho, a nice solid but soft cake that was packed with carrots and a hint of apple.

I still like the chocolate chiffon cake better though. Anyways have fun!

Cheers


Carrot Apple Cake
250ml veggy oil
250 ml brown sugar
60 ml apple cider or juice 
560 ml all purpose flour 
10 ml baking powder
2 ml salt 
5 ml cinnamon 
1 ml allspice 
875 ml grated carrots 
250 grated peeled apples 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment