Twitter Facebook RSS

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

MIA

| | 0 comments
Hello, hello.

It's been such a long time since I did anything in the kitchen that I almost forgot about my alter ego. The good thing about this is that I had a lot of time to just catch up with myself in terms of my other hobbies. But the bad thing about this is that I am a bit rusty in the kitchen and this post will prove it.

I tried to make rhubarb with custard the other night, rhubarb courtsey of my coworker. I decided to try an old Jamie Oliver receipe that I wanted to visit a long time ago. I seasoned the rhubarb and popped it in the oven for about 15 minutes at 400°C. While I was making my custard, I looked for the heavy cream I bought in the fridge and to my surprise it was not there. I looked everywhere, high low and even in the cabinets. Then it hit me, the old man must have put in the freezer. And it was. I was not pleased. I decided to go without it and just enjoy nice baked rhubarbs. I took it out after 15 minutes and it was soggy due to the fact that I added too much orange juice to it. I was very disappointed.

Let this post remind me of the poorly made rhubarb.


0 comments:

Post a Comment