Twitter Facebook RSS

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Did you miss me?

| | 0 comments
Hello! :)

What a crazy week it has been here in Toronto, sun, rain and wind! It was insane but I am in tip top shape until I had these amazing cookies that is haha. (Note to self: Go to no frills more often. They had a crazy one dollar sale this past week. It was insane!)

Back on topic, I had the privilege to meet a "celebrity chef" kinda. Her name is Rose Reisman. (For those of you that don't know her, she is one of the assistant creators of the health menus at Pickle Barrel and Glow restaurants). Boy, she was an excellent presenter. She came to my office to promote her new upcoming book; Choose it or Lose it. It sheds light on which fast food items you should choose over which is bad. You would be amazed on how much of a difference one might be. Stay tuned and catch her on BT Canada later this week for more information.

I'll have some exciting new experiences once her book comes in! =)

So with inspiration oozing out of me I decided to shake off the rust on Kitty (my kitchen aid cake stand thingy) and whip up some cookies in celebration of this week. I made Chocolate Chip cookies form the Quinoa book that I oh so love. But this time, I didn't have any quinoa and decided to use all flour.

Here's how it went down. (Message me for the exact amount)  

Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies
quinoa flour 
all purpose flour 
baking soda 
white sugar 
brown sugar butter 
2 large eggs 
vanilla extract 
salt 
semi-sweet chocolate chips 

  It was excellent, almost gone within the first couple of minutes. It was chewy just how I like it and to top if off, I had a fresh glass of milk. =)

Enjoy. =)
Rose Reisman and I

0 comments:

Post a Comment