Twitter Facebook RSS

Monday, August 13, 2012

Last night I heard everything in slow motion

| | 0 comments
Hello friends!

It's been way too long since I baked something real nice but here I am with fresh new stuff! My friend from the UK lent me her books and I decided to give it a try since there will always be macaroon fans out there. To me, it's basically just meringue with food colouring so nothing I have not done before. The only hard part was hunting down the ground almonds. =(

Meringue  
75g ground almonds 
115g icing sugar 
2 large egg whites 
50g sugar 
pink food colouring  

Filling  
55g unsalted butter softened 
1/2 tsp vanilla extract 
115g icing sugar 
4 strawberries finely chopped

The stage that really made me a bit frustrated was the piping of the meringue, I hate piping to be honest but it's a skill that I will have to develop and get use to. I wish there was an easier way, I will have to ask my master bakers or if you have any ideas you can message me. =) Everything else was pretty straight foward, blending the meringue and folding in the dry ingredients. The one mistake I came across was I didn't strain all the water from the strawberries beforehand and I added it in the filling making it a bit watery. But other than that, the taste was legit and my family loved it!

Can't wait to make another batch! Keep you posted. =)

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment