Twitter Facebook RSS

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Jar of hearts

| | 0 comments
Oh gosh.

This cake was a bit different. I will let you know how bad it was in a bit. =(

Hello All!

Okay, here I stand, before my work of art. This cheesecake was for my significant other's father as a birthday gift and yes, it looked good and ready but everyone was in for surpirse.

Green tea cheesecake
  • 2 (8 ounce) containers fat-free cream cheese, softened
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon green tea powder
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker pie crust
As you can see, it was a straight forward bake and take away cake. The only thing I would complain about is the lack of green tea matcha. The only thing I didn't use was the graham cracker pie crust. I always refer to the Jamie Oliver one and it has always gotten many praises for it's buttery cookie aroma. Upon tasting it, it was salty and I had no clue why! The only thing I could come up with is the fact that it was not cold enough.

When I took it home and refrigerate it over the course of the day, it was fine. My grandma had a slice and said it was too sweet and my mom said it was perfect. So I am as confused as you are. But boy, was I ever so embarassed at the fact that it was salty and no I did not add salt. No way in hell I did. Oh well, I will let this be a lesson for me. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment