Twitter Facebook RSS

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Chocolate weekend!

| | 0 comments
What a weekend! I am so happy to finally just relax and blog about what I baked over the weekend. It was definitely filled with lots of desserts and festivities that was over top! I am happy to say that I feel I have successfully influenced my cousins to start their own baking adventure or not. They were baking macarons like crazy over the past week just to get it right.

On Saturday, Eric came over and asked if we can bake something simple. I looked at Lillie's blog again and found this peanut chocolate cup that was quite enticing. Cant resist that. You know what they means, off to No Frills! Haha

Heres what you need!
Credit: (http://buttermeupbrooklyn.com/2012/10/mini-chocolate-peanut-butter-cups/)
1 1/3 cups (155 grams) raw blanched peanuts
2 tablespoons (20 grams) powdered sugar
1 tablespoon (15 ml) maple syrup
2 teaspoons (5 ml) honey or agave nectar
1 teaspoon (2.5 ml) vegetable oil
1 teaspoon (2.5 ml) vanilla
1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) salt
1-2 teaspoons water, more as needed
2 cups (about 340 grams or 12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
flaky salt for sprinkling, optional


I swear one day, I am going to get a new food processor that has more space. I hate my small food processor, it cant fit anything in it! I think those are my hands, not sure. =\



Next, double boil the chocolate chips. Easy as cake. By this time, I was already eating the chocolate by itself. For some reason, chocolate just speaks to me. Haha.



Fill it in cups and make sure the chocolate is touching the walls of the paper cup. Think of it as a well, tall walls with water in the middle. Maybe that was a bad example. Oh well. =)


At long last dig in and share the goods with your loved ones! They will be very impressed and oh yeah, its way better than Reese peanut butter cups. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment