Twitter Facebook RSS

Monday, January 21, 2013

Sweet talk

| | 0 comments

Hello

Before you ask me where I have been and why I haven't been posting. I just want to come clean and say I have been busy with life. I know, I know, I always open with I'm so busy with this and that but it's true. =( But I am happy to be back with a new post.

Since I have been baking so many meringues for parties and birthdays I wanted to extend the idea of meringue and fish for some fresh techniques on how to be a bit more creative with it. I was looking through my cookbooks and came across a recipe by the guys at Oliver & Bonacini. They always have a good sense of taste and lifestyle of food that I love.

 

I came across this meringue with ice cream and marinated strawberries recipe that I really wanted to try.

Here how it goes:
Meringue
4 egg whites
3 drops of lemon juice
2 ml vanilla extract
300 ml sugar

Strawberries
4 cups of strawberries cut in half
125 ml sugar
5 ml lemon zest
50 ml vodka of choice

Served with ice cream or yogurt.
Pre heat at 220F

Place the egg whites, lemon juice, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Whip until stiff and gradually add sugar. Continue beating until it forms peaks.

Then use a pastry bag and pipe the meringue into 2 inch squares on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.

Bake until it is dry and set aside. (Around 20mins)

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and let the strawberries sit for 10 minutes.

After when the strawberries are marinated, place a meringue square on each plate and top it with a scoop of ice cream or yogurt. Press gently to create a cup and fill it with strawberries. Cover with another square and then repeat the process.

The beast within. *gasp

I hope you enjoyed my last post on macarons, I am still trying to adapt to a new book that I got. The macarons are tough, I still need to practice more and get use to the macaronage stage. I will continute to update you guys when I get the chance but for now, thanks for stopping by. =)

Cheers

0 comments:

Post a Comment