Twitter Facebook RSS

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Strawberries for Calvin's Birthday

| | 0 comments


Hello!

Did you miss me? I have been living life up to the fullest during my little break away from the blogging community. Don't get me wrong, I still have been baking and cooking but I just haven't been able to post as much as I want to. You know what they say, "You have to live life first, everything else is secondary."

Anyways, here is the "welcome back" post for you guys. It was my cousin's 20th birthday and I wanted to show some love by giving him a birthday cake of his choice.  He wanted strawberry shortcake. The only problem was that I never baked strawberry shortcake before.

Not knowing what to expect, I dove into this recipe I found online. It was by Mary Nolan and it was super simple. The only thing I had trouble understanding was the cake part. There were no eggs or oil involved and I was wondering how the cake part is going to be soft.

And to no surprise the cake was pretty hard but everything else made up for it very nicely. I actually didn't mind the cake, it reminded me of chinese egg tarts. The ones I oh so loved when I was a kid. Next time when I do strawberry shortcake, I am going to use my own sponge cake recipe and let you know how it goes.

Cheers. =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment