Twitter Facebook RSS

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 4 - Play time

| | 0 comments
So after a rough afternoon, I decided to go home and cook up a storm.

I had the steaks ready since last night, so all I had to do was season them with sea salt and ground pepper.
The potatoes, I washed and skinned them. I started boiling them in a small water filled pan. But I misread the instructions and took them out too early, so I had to put it back in.

While doing so, my dad came back and he gave me some pointers on how to make the potatoes more creamy and soft. The secret is: (I can't tell you) Haha.

When the potatoes were done, I mashed them up and seasoned them accordingly.
Then came the steaks, I cooked the fat until it was golden brown. Then I started to cook them for 6 minutes on high. I made sure each side was nice and cooked with a slighty burnt but golden brown look. (I know, everything is always about being golden brown) To check if the meat was okay, I pushed it with my finger and made sure minimal blood came out. Then I set them aside.

With the same pan, I poured in my chopped shallots, thyme, 2 knobs of butter and olive oil. I fried them until they were a bit brown and then I poured my red wine in and reduced by half. With the steak juices on the side, I poured it in and stir fried it a bit more.

Finally I placed the mash potatoes on a plate and added the chopped steaks on the side. Topped with the sauce and olive oil. I swear olive oil make everything taste better.

But all in all, I had alot of fun tonight cooking and arranging the food together. It was a very good experience.
Tomorrow is Andrew's birthday and I don't know what to make yet but I will make something for sure.
Now time for some eye candies. =)



0 comments:

Post a Comment