Twitter Facebook RSS

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 45 - No regrets

| | 0 comments
UPDATE

Even tho I declined it because it didn't work out in my favour its okay. I know a better opportunity will come along. I am probably going to kick myself in the ass sooner or later but its okay. Everything will be fine, when are things never fine?

I have so much on my mind I want to put down but I can't. One day I am going to explode. Haha. Guess I will just keep doing what I do best.

Hehe, so happy today. Never been so satisfied! My cooking / baking is finally getting some recognition! I am going to challenge him in making creme brule and I am going to show him how a "real" chef does it. Haha. Right back to the top.

At chapters today, I picked up a really nice noodle book. The editorial design work was just so simple and clean. Suits me and my style, I had to pick it up. Guess how much. TWO DOLLARS!!! What a steal eh? =) Soon I am going to make a cook book for myself entitled "daniel oliver" and with my graphic design skills I will make it a book that can be used by anybody. Now I just have to fish out the time =)

Two thousand eleven is going to my champion year. Remember this. =)

my personal knife, her name is harmony


Oh my goodness, I am so tired but that is ok. I am use to it. Yesterday I made floating island and it was a long process because I had to make the meringue , custard and caramel sauce.

Here's how you do it:
make your custard recipe

then make the caramel sauce
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of water
bring it a 325F boil. ( thats when it turns into caramel)

meringue:
make your meringue recipe but instead of baking it, put 5 cups of milk in a deep sauce pan and heat it up. Put 3 heaped tablespoons of meringue in. Cook for 30 seconds each side and then take it out and lay it on a paper towel.

Put your custard in a bowl, place the poached meringue on top and lay the caramel sugar on top.

Then enjoy. The taste was quite smooth but it was a little sweet according to my sister but then again that's how much sugar jamie used. I will adjust for next time. =)

my cookbook (working) cover / title

custard in the making

POACHED meringue!

floating island =)

in a bowl =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment