Twitter Facebook RSS

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

And even when I was close to defeat, I rose to my feet

| | 0 comments
Today's dish or dessert was fruit crisp! Now I have never tried this before but it looked very alluring and sweet, so I decided to give it a shot and bake it. I bought all the fruits from chinese supermarkets this time and made sure they were not rotten or dying. The suggested fruits shown in the picture was raspberries, blackberries and some peaches? I forget but I decided to go for strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and peaches.

The initial prep work wasn't all that bad, you just needed to cut the fruits, spread them in a baking pan and mix your dry ingredients together. Then add butter to your dry ingredients and spread the topping evenly on the fruits. Bake for an hour and when its done, dig right in. =)

2 - 3lb of your choice fruit
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 cup of brown or white sugar
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
125ml of butter, melted

grilled cheese =)

so good

fruit mix

dry ingredients mixed with butter

bake for 1 hour

end result

so good

This tastes exactly how I imagined it, crispy, crunchy and sweet. It had a strong flavour of cinnamon (which I love) and a hint of nutmeg.

This is a must try! Good luck. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment