Twitter Facebook RSS

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Grandma =)

| | 0 comments


Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been posting but I was busy with my own personal stuff. Today you guys are in for a treat! It's grandma's birthday and we made a really nice meringue for her. This time I had some help thanks to my cousins.

Instead of making he same old style meringue with one layer. I decided to try it differently and make two layers. I went to no frills today to buy some fruits but they didn't have blue berries, raspberries or blackberries. So I bought strawberries and grapes. Which still works well since they don't have that much juices in them.

The first set of meringue, I screwed up. I baked it at 350F for 40 mins and it burnt. It's suppose to be baked at 300F for 40 mins and then leave it slightly open afterwards for 30 mins.

Meringue:

6 egg whites
1 cup + 5 tablespoon of sugar

Vanilla whip cream:

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of 35% cream
2 tablespoons of powder sugar
1 vanilla bean

When its done, assemble accordingly. Layer the first layer with cream and fruits, then repeat for the second layer.

Your meringue should be crispy on the outside and gooy and chewy on the inside.
Enjoy friends. =)

21 dishes

teamwork

what a mess

two making one




0 comments:

Post a Comment