Twitter Facebook RSS

Monday, September 12, 2011

The Weekend of Surprises

| | 0 comments
Preivously before the weekend, we had a pot luck in my company and I made sandiwches for everybody!

It contained:
toasted bread
glaric lemon mayo
smoked salmon
salami
romane lettuce
spinch


This was an instant sell out! One thing I didn't like was how I toasted the bread, it just made it more dry and crunchy. Ew.

It was a frigging crazy weekend! Two surprise parties, lots of yelling, ball, working out and of course arguing with the lady in red =\.

Saturday was a birthday surpise for Angel; my church friend. Jackie wanted me to bake a nice cheesecake for his girlfriend and gave me strict instructions to make sure it was good. Oh trust me, it was good. I used Jamie Oliver's reciepe for the cake and it turned out fantastic. Instead of using cream, I used milk this time and it actually wasn't bad at all. The milk made it more creamy in my opinion and gave it a smooth texture. Too bad I didn't get any pictures of people enjoying it but you get the picture.

Vanilla Cheesecake

Oven 350F
11 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
9oz digestive biscuits
1/2 cup superfine sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2lb cream cheese
1/2 cream
2 large eggs
1 vanilla bean or extract
1 zest of lemon
1 zest orange



sandwiches for the company



pre-oven cheesecake

yay done

old school friends

angel the bday girl

katy's bday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment