Twitter Facebook RSS

Monday, July 9, 2012

Lights

| | 0 comments
Hello All!

It is such a joyous weekend! My friends and I went to a Night Market and had the chance to experience some really nice street eats. Nothing beats getting together at night and taking advantage of this nice weather. I don't know what has gotten into to me recently but I don't feel like myself. That's why I have cooking. Yes, yes, I have been a little inactive but I didn't forget about this blog. Last week, I made a really nice salmon called Poached Salmon with Basil Mousseline. It was an easy fix for you lazy people out there (like me).

What you need:
Basil Mousseline
 1/3 cup Mayo 
1/2 basil chopped 
1/4 cup green onion 
2/3 cup whipped cream 
lemon juice 
salt and pepper

Poached Salmon 
2 cups dry white wine 
2 cups water 
2 lemons sliced 
1 medium onion 
2 sprigs dill or oregano 
salmon fillets 
1/2 cup red pepper (optional)

How Anna poached her salmon was pretty unique. It was half sub merged in the liquid while the top of the salmon was covered with a lid and popped in the oven. The beauty of salmon is that, it does not take long for it to cook and even if it was a little rare, its okay.

The taste was very light but the mousseline gave it a nice zingy taste. Even my grandma loved it and shes not a big fan of french cuisine.

Enjoy. =)
   

0 comments:

Post a Comment