Twitter Facebook RSS

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Payphone - no more rules

| | 0 comments
Hello Guys

I am so tired, I feel so drained today although I didn't do much. I think its work, it has just been a tough week filled with the cover designs and all. I feel like I can't with them win and its not fair. Oh well, life, what can I do about it. A couple of days ago, I got the chance to make Floating Islands in a Chocolate Lake. It was definitely fun to be working with chocolate again.

Heres how it goes:


Chocolate custard
2 cups of milk 
5 egg yolks 
1/4 sugar 
2.25 oz dark chocolate 


Islands 
5 egg whites 
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar 
dark brown sugar 


I have to admit, I really suck at making custard. I can never really know when it is ready. The next thing you know, it starts to get chunky and that is not what you want. There is a technique that Jamie taught me and it was to drain it over a strainer so that you can get all the chunky bits out. But overall, it was a great. The chocolate wasn't too sweet and the island gave it a really nice balance since it doesn't really have any sugar at all.




my lovely grandma enjoying it

0 comments:

Post a Comment