Twitter Facebook RSS

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Quarter century and still going.

| | 0 comments
Hello!

Quarter-century and still breathing! How awesome is that? Haha. Of course, for my big day I had to bake my own birthday cake. Althought I failed baking this before, I was confident that I could ace it this time around. I baked a Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake.

Heres what you need:
- 140g fine granulated sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 50g butter
- 250g cream cheese
- 100ml fresh milk
- 60g cake flour (can also use plain flour)
- 20g corn flour
- 1/4 tsp salt


The secret to making a consistent cake was actually in the meringue and the cake flour. This time, I whipped my meringue until it was a bit stiff and used cake self raising flour instead of all-purpose. This made a huge difference because, obviously, it helped raise cake and the meringue acted like a skeletal structure it help hold it up. The result? It was amazing, piece after piece I wanted more but I was serving for 10+ people and they all wanted seconds. Next time around, I will try adding some sort of frosting onto since it really did look very plain and simple. I guess some fruits would have been nice.

Aside from that, my day consist of morning baking, then some interested encounters at dim sum. We saw two elders stacking up the dim sum in take out boxes. I wonder what they are going to do with all the dim sum take outs. Maybe they live in a seniors home? I am not too sure but it was quite a site. Then I hit the range with the lovely Zoe and hit a few on the green. I didn't do so well but she was quite a natural. Finishing off the evening was a night at Rodney's by bay. I had so many oysters and even had one that was still moving! Yuck. It was all good. Had a nice time and will continue keep you guys posted on my upcoming dinner!

Cheers! 






At midnight, the old man and I at Boston.



Finally you are mine!
Drinks with my pubisher and CEO

0 comments:

Post a Comment