Twitter Facebook RSS

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Dreaming in colors.

| | 0 comments
Hi there =)

Oh my goodness, it has been such a fun filled weekend. I wish it didn't end so soon but when you are having fun, time always some how passes by faster. On saturday I went to a Macedonian wedding and it was huge! the celebration that they had was really the next level of celebration. Never in my life time, have I witness so much line dancing and pigs! They literally haul out a roasted pig and dance with it. In the mean time, people would throw money at it. It's insane!

Welp, I had a BBQ today and I promised my friends that I would bake them something different and refreshing. Have you heard of the term "when life gives you lemons, make lemon tarts?" Haha, it's something cheesy I came up with but it works. It was from my favourite baker; Anna Olson.

Heres what you need:
tart
all purpose flour 
walnut pieces 
icing sugar
lemon zest
salt
cold unsalted butter

lemon layer
2 eggs at room temp
corn syrup 
fresh lemon juice 
cornstarch 
lemon zest 
baking powder 
icing sugar for dusting

Again, for the instructions and amount message me and I will share with you. Other than that, the squares were a good hit. When I first took it out of the oven, I thought to myself "Gosh, this looks nothing like lemon related goods." But when you taste it, it was packed with lemon taste which I like. The tart was not too sweet nor salty, it was just right (so my friends claim). I like it, my friends like it and my mom likes it. So give it a shot. =)

Some other news, I got top three finalist in Canada's baking and sweet show. I was summoned to compete this saturday at Mississauga and I am very, very excited! I can't wait till I meet my competitors and other bakers. Should I wear my GB uniform? Maybe.


I will beat this and I will come back stronger.

0 comments:

Post a Comment